What can cut through a bike lock?
- It can cut through a cable lock like those used on most bikes. It is also said that with enough time it can cut through a U-Lock or chain lock made from a softer metal. If the lock is cheap and flimsy enough, most thieves can just smash it with a hammer! Finally the most surprising of all: Portable angle grinders.
- 1 How do you break a bike lock easily?
- 2 Are bike chain locks easy to break?
- 3 How do you break a bike lock without a key?
- 4 How do you pick a bike lock with a paperclip?
- 5 Can you cut a bike lock with an angle grinder?
- 6 How do you cut a Kryptonite bike lock?
- 7 What is the hardest bike lock to break?
- 8 How can I make my bike less attractive to thieves?
- 9 How do you break a bike lock with a hammer?
How do you break a bike lock easily?
A pair of wire cutters or a pair of bolt croppers/cutters should do the trick. This is one of the safest and easiest ways to remove a bike lock without keys. Using an angle grinder, you’ll be able to cut through any bike lock. If you have an angle grinder or other similar power tools, you may decide to use these.
Are bike chain locks easy to break?
Folding locks have great flexibility like a chain or cable. The lock cylinder is high quality and difficult to pick for bike thieves. The metal bars are hardened steel; like other high-end bicycle locks the only practical way to break it is by using a grinder.
How do you break a bike lock without a key?
Option 1: Plastic Pen
- Step 1: Get the Pen and Remove Ink Tube.
- Step 2: Push and Wiggle the Hollow Ballpen Tube.
- Step 3: Keep the Pen Wiggling Until the Lock Comes Off.
- Step 1: Wear Protective Gloves.
- Step 2: Take an Empty Fizzy Drink Can.
- Step 3: Insert the shim into the lock.
- Step 4: Depress the Bike Lock.
- Pro Tips:
How do you pick a bike lock with a paperclip?
Picking a lock with paper clips works pretty much the same way as picking a lock with a traditional tension wrench and rake. You just need to turn two paper clips into those two very same tools, and then pick the lock with them like you’d normally do.
Can you cut a bike lock with an angle grinder?
Angle grinders will cut through any lock given enough time. However, the thicker the lock, the longer it takes. And the greater the risk the thief will be disturbed. With the very thickest locks like the New York Fahgettaboudit, they may even need to carry a spare battery to get through it.
How do you cut a Kryptonite bike lock?
One could use:
- A portable grinder with a cutoff wheel.
- A portable hydraulic cutter.
- An ENERPAC hydraulic power unit (it will spread the lock until it breaks)
- A blowtorch heating at the lock cylinder will expand the metal and allow it to be broken open using a ball peen hammer or small sledge.
What is the hardest bike lock to break?
The Strongest Bike Lock
- Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit: Strongest U Lock.
- Abus Granit X-Plus 54 Mini: Strong and Light.
- Kryptonite New York Standard: Strong and Big.
- OnGuard Brute Mini: Strong and Cheap.
- Pragmasis Protector: Strongest Stationary Chain Lock.
- Kryptonite New York Noose: Strongest Portable Chain Lock.
How can I make my bike less attractive to thieves?
Some dirt or duct tape can make it look less attractive to the crooks. For bicycle protection tape your seatpost, handlebars, and various places on your frame to make your bike parts look worn and shabby.
How do you break a bike lock with a hammer?
Hammer until the U-lock breaks. Keep hammering against the keyhole area of the U-lock. You may have to hammer for 30 seconds or so until a piece breaks off of the bar, after which breaking it will become much easier. Focus your hammering against the broken area of the lock.