A round-trip flight with your bicycle will cost you an additional $200 on top of the standard ticket price. It goes without saying that the sole exemption to this regulation is if you are traveling with a folding bicycle that can be packed within a standard suitcase or package measuring no more than 62 dimensional inches in length and weight no more than 50 pounds in weight.
According on your airline and destination, travelling with a bike might cost as little as $30 or as much as $300 each trip, depending on your itinerary. As a result, if you’re planning a vacation, it’s a good idea to conduct your research. Purchasing a somewhat more costly ticket on one airline may be advantageous if another imposes exorbitant bike-rental rates.
How much does it cost to fly a bike on United?
Taking a bicycle on a flight with United Airlines The bottom line is this: If you want to fly your bike with United Airlines, be prepared to pay a $150-$200 airline bike charge. If your bicycle is small enough, the airline will classify it as part of your first checked luggage, which will cost you between $0 and $25.
How much does it cost to fly a bike on frontier?
- Overall, Frontier Airlines will charge you a $75 airline bike fee if you want to travel your bike on their aircraft.
- Frontier Airlines allows you to fly non-motorized touring or racing bicycles with single seats on their aircraft.
- It doesn’t matter what big your bike is; a $75 checked bike cost per way applies regardless of its weight.
- Items weighing more than 99.9 pounds or measuring more than 109 linear inches in length will not be accepted.
How much does it cost to travel with a bike?
- If your bicycle is small enough, the airline will classify it as a first checked luggage, with a fee ranging from $0 to $25 depending on the carrier.
- With American Airlines, you can bring one non-motorized touring or racing bike along with you on your flight.
- It is possible for your bicycle to qualify as first checked luggage if it measures less than 62 inches in length and weighs less than 50 pounds.
How much does it cost to fly a bike on Delta?
Overall, you should expect to pay a $150 airline bike fee if you want to fly your bike on Delta Airlines. Bicycles with single seats that are not powered and used for touring or racing are permitted as checked luggage on most flights, with the exception of a few planes that may have unusual restrictions owing to cargo restrictions.